Bravo - Alexander
Patrick sums up his art as a practice of play between the fine lines of childhood and adulthood, where art and life merge together. Now that concept merges with shoes through his art piece titled "Steven's Facets".
- Designed by artist, Patrick James Bravo
- Digitally printed premium cotton canvas upper
- Glow in the dark screen print
- Tumbled leather lining and sockliner
- Rubber sole with laser engraved marking
- Two pairs of premium waxed laces
- Custom artwork-printed box
- 604 pairs feature this artist (see all)
- 141 pairs made in this style
- 6.04% donated to the Vancouver International Children's Festival
Patrick's goal is to express the mix of the freedom and carelessness of his inner child with the artist he has become, and to engage playfully with his audience in an attempt to interrupt routines, help create moments of childhood recollection or gleeful emotions, essentially to make them smile.
Steven’s Facets stemmed from the concept patterns and colours that Patrick has been working with for years. He played with the idea of combining different colour formats, namely screen colours versus printed colours. The final art piece is also spread across the four different shoe styles, which when placed together reveals the full art piece. As if that wasn't enough, the art and the shoes glow in the dark!
The Vancouver International Children's Festival is the charity that Patrick has chosen. They inspire and motivate young minds through artistic experiences that transform a child's understanding of the world around them. The annual festival in Vancouver is recognized internationally for creating a unique and diverse celebration of arts for children and adults. Seeing that Patrick's art is playful and young, the Festival really is a perfect fit.