Dodge - Cambie Hi$349.00 CAD
- Designed by artist, Elyse Dodge
- Full grain, "Grade A" American cowhide leather upper
- Hand coloured dark navy upper; digitally printed heel
- Tumbled leather lining and sockliner
- Rubber sole with laser engraved marking
- Two pairs of premium waxed laces
- Custom artwork-printed box
- 604 pairs feature this artist (see all)
- 133 pairs made in this style
- 6.04% ($18.06) donated to ArtStarts
Elyse Dodge is a Vancouver-based artist, aiming with each acrylic painting to portray an unforgettable euphoric moment captured in time. The painting Elyse created for Six Hundred Four, titled "Elevation" for its dual meaning of being up in the mountains above sea level, and of the emotional feeling of being lifted up, is the artist's own representation of the Garibaldi Provincial Park landscape. The geometric shapes that make up the scenery are the result of Elyse's deconstruction of the formation of Black Tusk, which to her is the symbolism of the beacon of Whistler, of outdoor adventures, and of shifting mindsets.
Elyse has chosen ArtStarts in Schools, a local not-for-profit organization that provides leadership in advocacy for arts in education across British Columbia. ArtStarts focuses on promoting art and creativity among the younger crowd regardless of their socio-economic status to help them in becoming innovative contributing members of our society.