Electric Splatter by Phil Collen - Cambie Hi
*As of 6:09am PT on Aug 23 all 30 pairs have been sold*
- Splatter painted by Phil Collen, lead guitarist of Def Leppard
- 30 pairs made
- Personally signed by Phil Collen in Japanese script
- Each pair individually numbered
- Full grain Grade A crust leather upper, most ideal leather for hand colouring
- Tumbled leather lining and sockliner
- Rubber sole
- Two sets of premium waxed laces, white and black
- Matching splatter painted box
- Sizes listed in US sizes (size chart)
In 2010, Phil Collen, the lead guitarist of Def Leppard, splatter painted 30 Jackson PC1™ guitars (image below) as part of Jackson's 30 year anniversary. Those guitars now sell for upwards of $15,000. Furthermore, this August 4th marked the 30th anniversary of Def Leppard's #1 Album, Hysteria. Commemorating both of those milestones, Phil Collen has partnered with Six Hundred Four to create 30 limited edition splatter painted shoes.
It all started one afternoon during Def Leppard's Spring 2017 Tour, when Phil and his wife Helen wandered in to the Six Hundred Four Sneaker Gallery. Both Phil and Helen are sneaker lovers, so they instantly fell in love with the brand. As they got to know the owner of Six Hundred Four, James Lepp, the idea of creating custom splatter painted shoes started turning into a reality. So much so that literally the next morning with the help of renowned sneaker artist Zac Vine (@zeevycustoms), Phil was splatter painting the first two pairs ever made (reserved for him and Helen, respectfully). The shoes were completed mere minutes before the concert that evening.
The next step was obvious - to create 30 pairs that anybody could purchase. On July 19 Phil returned to Vancouver to splatter the 30 limited edition pairs. The shoes will officially be shipped starting on August 28th.
Jackson PC1™ Splatter