Hastie - Alexander$ 190.00 CAD
- Designed by artist, Joanne Hastie
- Full grain, "Grade A" American cowhide leather upper
- Hand coloured navy upper; digitally printed tongue and toe cap
- Tumbled leather lining and sockliner
- Rubber sole with laser engraved marking
- Two pairs of premium waxed laces
- Custom artwork-printed box
- 604 pairs feature this artist (see all)
- 181 pairs made in this style
- 6.04% donated to the Crisis Centre of BC
Joanne’s work focuses on landscapes and cityscapes. She regularly paints images of places she has been as they become settings for her memories and essentially who she is as a person. Her process consists of layering many brushstrokes of acrylic paints and glazes until the subject just starts looking familiar.
The idea for Joanne's art piece Overlooking the City came about when she was painting tower views from her trips to Italy, inspiring her to create one from the iconic Vancouver lookout at Harbour Centre. She noticed that tourists often make a point to go up to high lookout areas to take in the views, but rarely do so back home. Her rendition illustrates the popular overlooking view of Vancouver for tourists that is often overlooked from a local’s perspective.
For her charity, Joanne has chosen the Crisis Centre of British Columbia, a non-profit volunteer organization committed to helping people deal with emotional crises. The Centre relies on over 450 frontline volunteers to provide education and training aimed at fostering resiliency and building capacity to respond to crisis and suicide.