Karemaker - Abbott$149.00 CAD
- Designed by artist, Sean Karemaker
- Tight-weave premium cotton canvas
- Digitally printed
- Tumbled leather lining and sockliner
- Rubber sole with laser engraved marking
- Two pairs of premium waxed laces
- Custom artwork-printed box
- 604 pairs feature this artist (see all)
- 193 pairs made in this style
- 6.04% ($9.00) donated to Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
Sean Karemaker is from Vancouver, BC, and is best known for his exceptional comic-style scroll art. For Six Hundred Four, using an ink on paper style, Sean created a seven foot scroll named "Let Us Run". It's about the vitality of youth and imagination, rendering characters that are part of Sean's own mythology woven in with the familiar cityscape of Vancouver.
Sean has chosen the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre (DEWC) as his charity. The Downtown Eastside of Vancouver is sadly notorious for being a pretty rough place, in particular for women. Sean believes that these women should have a safe place of their own to learn, grow, and be empowered. It is hard to ignore that these women are particularly vulnerable to exploitation, injustice, and injury. The DEWC provides refuge and shelter for these women to not just have access to basic necessities, but also to help reduce effects of economic disadvantage so that they can feel less restricted to be ambitious and creative.