Kristensen - Cordova Black Print (pre-order)
Kari Kristensen's linocut printmaking is something to experience, as she carves dot by dot, line by line, to create a textured plate that's used to make limited edition prints. Luckily, her piece titled "I Shut My Eyes in Order to See, XIV" can be seen, felt and now worn.
This is a Pre-order Item
- Delivery date range is Nov 30 to Dec 30, 2018
- Designed by printmaker, Kari Kristensen
- Only 106 pairs made
- Premium digitally printed Italian leather upper
- Tumble leather lining and sockliner
- Rubber sole with laser engraved pair number
- Custom artwork-printed shoe box
- All shoes are unisex
- 6.04% donated to Out in Schools
Kari Kristensen is a contemporary Canadian printmaker living in Vancouver, BC. She's heralded as one of the best linocut printmakers in the world. For Six Hundred Four she created “I Shut My Eyes In Order To See, XIV”, depicting The Lions twin-peak mountains north of Vancouver.
Kristensen is best known for her linocut printmaking, which involves carving her design out of a linoleum sheet, which in turn becomes a printing plate in a printing press. To best embody her work we created two colourways that are laser-etched to mimic the carving aspect, and then two colourways that are printed in the exact same colour as her prints, navy and black.